Creamed rice with marinated oranges and cherry & champagne jam
150 g Carnaroli rice
3/4 litre fresh milk
1 tbsp fleur de sel de Camargue salt
1 vanilla pod
1 organic orange
1 tbsp currants
2 small tbsp mango-flavoured white Balsamic vinegar
2 dl whipped cream
Cherry and champagne jam
1. Marinate the currants with ½ tbsp mango-flavoured white Balsamic vinegar for 12 hours at room temperature.
2. Cut the orange peel into strips and blanch 2-3 times.
3.Cut the oranges into segments and chop coarsely.
4. Marinate the oranges with 1 tbsp mango-flavoured white Balsamic vinegar for at least 2 hours.
5. Rinse the rice and cook with the milk, vanilla pod and the orange peel.
6. Cook over low heat with a lid for 45 minutes.
7. When the rice is cooked, add the currants.
8. Cool at room temperature.
9. Whip the single cream and mix delicately with the rice and milk.
10. Add the marinated oranges.
11.Serve the creamed rice with orange with 1 tbsp of cherry & champagne jam.