Prepare the day before so that the capers flavour the chicken. A welcome dish when it's hot.
1. In a stewpot, put the chicken, the bouquet garni and the peppercorns and cover with cold water. Bring to boiling point, cover and lower the heat. Simmer until the chicken is cooked, around 1 hour.
2. Take the chicken out (the stock can be used to make soup) and remove the skin. Bone the chicken and cut into large pieces.
3. In a dish big enough for the chicken, mix the olive oil with the lemon juice, anchovy paste, capers, oregano and black pepper. Add the pieces of chicken and mix well with the sauce.
4. Cover with cling film and leave to marinate in the fridge at least 6 hours. Turn the chicken pieces over from time to time.
5. Serve with a small green salad.