1. Cut the figs and apricots into little cubes; chop the almonds and pecans coarsely.
2. Pour half the Balsamic Vinegar with Blueberry into a saucepan, bring to the boil with the vanilla pod cut in half lengthwise and then in pieces, the cinnamon, the star anise, pepper and cloves. Take the apricots off the stove ad add the figs, apricots, raisins, pine nuts, almonds and pecan nuts.
Mix, cover and let the fruit absorb the Balsamic Vinegar.
3. Peel the apples and cut them in 3 pieces crosswise. Remove the core. Heat the Pressed Lime Oil and the Olive Oil in a big non-stick frying pan, add the butter and brown the apples slices lightly. Add the sugar and turn over the slices of apple in this mixture, until they are tender and melting and covered with a velvety juice.
4. Pour the fruit from the saucepan into the frying panused to cook the apples.
Mix well: the fruit are covered in the same juice as the apples.
5. Make the slices of apple into apple-shapes and put dried fruit between each slice.
Serve warm or at room temperature, as is or with whipped cream, or to go with a hot gras chaud or a duck fillet…
Recipe by Elisabeth Scotto.