Charming eggs with garam masala, coriander and capers
4 hard-boiled eggs
1 finely chopped onion
5 cm of peeled and chopped fresh ginger
1 crushed bird's eye chilli
1 teaspoon of ground cumin seed
1 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of garam masala
1/2 spoonful of lemon juice
1 spoonful of tomato concentrate
1 cup (250 ml) liquid thick cream
200ml vegetable stock
50 g little capers, de-salted and steeped in hot water for 20 minutes (change the water if necessary)
Washed and dried fresh coriander leaves
1. In a large frying pan, brown the onion for 3 minutes in the olive oil, on medium heat. If it browns too fast, add a spoonful of water.
2. Add the ginger and the chilli, the Cayenne pepper and the garam masala, and continue cooking for 1 min.
3. Add the lemon juice, tomato concentrate, liquid cream and the vegetable stock. Simmer until you obtain a thick cream, about 15 min.
4. Cut the eggs in half and add them to the sauce, with the heat turned down low so that they warm through gently, around 3 min.
5. Arrange a hard-boiled egg and its sauce on each plate, sprinkle with a few capers and don't forget to add the coriander!