- Wash the oranges and grate their zest. Keep the oranges refrigerated.
- In a pot, heat the cream with 1 vanilla pod and some freshly milled Voatsiperifery black pepper before letting it all cool. You can let the vanilla pod marinate in the peppered cream for several hours if you have the time.
- Mix the sugar and orange zests.
- Then add to this mixture the egg yolks and the vanilla cream (throw away the vanilla pod).
- Pour your preparation in ramekins that you will arrange in a big dish that can be put in the oven and filled of water, in order to cook your crème brûlée in a water bath.
- Cook in the oven for about 30-45 minutes at 110°C (230 F°)
- Take back your oranges and cut them in quarters that you will marinate in a salad bowl with the tangerine flavoured oil, the Heritage olive oil, the red orange balsamic vinegar and the second vanilla pod for at least 1 hour.
- Add a pinch of brown sugar on top of each crème brûlée and place them as high as possible in your oven that you will turn on grill position. The sugar must be caramelized. Use a kitchen blowtorch instead if you have one.
- Once cooked, arrange each crème brûlée ramekin in the center of a plate and decorate with marinated orange quarters all around it.