DACQUOISE SPONGE CAKE
1. Preheat your oven at 180C° - 356F°
2. Mix in a salad bowl the almond powder and the icing sugar.
3. Beat the whites until stiff then keep beating while adding the sugar, you will then obtain meringued egg whites.
4. Softly mix the two mixtures together.
5. Spread it on a baking tray and shape it as the basis of the log cake.
6. Cook for about 12 minutes.
CARAMELIZED APPLES WITH HAZELNUTS
1. Peel and cut your apples in quarters. Fry them a little in a pan with a bit of butter.
2. Sprinkle with sugar, then add the crushed hazelnuts.
3. Let it all fry until the apples get melty and golden (be careful, they must stay firm anyway).
CHANTILLY CREAM AND “DOUCEUR DE NOËL” JAM
1. Pour the fresh cream in a salad bowl and put it in the refrigerator.
2. Put the 2 gelatin leaves in a bowl full of cold water.
3. Heat 200g of jam in a pot and when it’s hot, add the gelatin then mix firmly.
4. Let this mixture cool and get back to air temperature.
5. Beat the chantilly cream until stiff with an electric mixer. When the cream gets firm, softly add the gelatin and jam mixture.
1. On a rectangular tray, put your dacquoise sponge cake.
2. Cut the edges with a knife in order to have them neat if necessary.
3. On top of it, add the caramelized apples with hazelnuts.
4. Fill a log cake mold with “Douceur de Noël” Chantilly cream, but let the space for the log cake basis.
5. Put this mold on top of the basis and let the log rest in the freezer for at least 12 hours.
6. Move it from the freezer to the fridge 3 hours before serving.
7. Just before serving, add the candied orange chips and the slices of candied clementine to decorate the top of the log cake.